What are Asian countries that have high natural resources but low HDI?
Question by sdfsdf: What are Asian countries that have high natural resources but low HDI?
and why do they have low HDI in spite of their natural resources?
Answer by Lucy Wells
I don’t know the specific answer to your question, but you can find the HDI on the UN website here: http://hdr.undp.org/en/statistics/
Even though a country has high natural resources doesn’t mean this immediately translates to material prosperity for its inhabitants. The development index speaks more about quality of life than it does about the incidence of natural resources.
Often things like war, ineffective government and/or crime can adversely affect a country’s HDI rating. The website (above) shows the index but also explains the way they are calculated so you should get a better understanding from there.
What do you think? Answer below!
- National Federation of State High School Associations (NFHS) Signs on for Energy Saving Solutions Energy-Efficient Forever LED Lights
- As New Treatments are Developed, New York Asbestos Lawyer Reminds Consumers of the High Risk of Asbestos Exposure in Certain Fields
- Q&A: How can we use natural resources for economic prosperity?
- High Performance Architecture Conference in New York to Highlight Resiliency and Climate Change Mitigation
- Describing Natural and Managed Ecosystems?
- Lemur Conservation Foundation’s Conservation Education and Outreach Programs Introduces the Ako Series Resources for Teachers, Informal Educators and Zoo Education Teams
- Marine Structures Have Many Natural Enemies, but You Have an Ally
- Natural resources question.?
- Choose 1 natural resource?
- CV Rahmanto Borneo Resources Introduces the Real Taste of a Charcoal Barbecue