What are Asian countries that have high natural resources but low HDI?
Question by sdfsdf: What are Asian countries that have high natural resources but low HDI?
and why do they have low HDI in spite of their natural resources?
Answer by Lucy Wells
I don’t know the specific answer to your question, but you can find the HDI on the UN website here: http://hdr.undp.org/en/statistics/
Even though a country has high natural resources doesn’t mean this immediately translates to material prosperity for its inhabitants. The development index speaks more about quality of life than it does about the incidence of natural resources.
Often things like war, ineffective government and/or crime can adversely affect a country’s HDI rating. The website (above) shows the index but also explains the way they are calculated so you should get a better understanding from there.
What do you think? Answer below!
- Raw Vegan Celebrity and Culinarian, Kristina Carrillo-Bucaram of FullyRaw Announces Collaborative Partnership with Evamor Natural Alkaline Water
- Little Tips on Management of Natural Resources
- Study in Italy to Experience High Quality Education in a Historic Environment
- The Key Account Management Group (KAM) makes it easier to win high value sales using dedicated Key Account Planning software
- Frontier Natural Products Co-op Shares Goodness with New Holiday Recipes
- Ideas for a high school environmental club?
- Q&A: What are countries using geothermal as a prime energy source?
- Plus-Size Natural Fiber Clothing Company MiB Plus Size Announces 2013 Model Search Winner
- The Natural Skin Care Company Team up with New Zealand Brand Moana to Bring Wonder Ingredient Red Seaweed Exclusively to UK Shores
- Dyes and Pigments Market (Azo, Phthalocyanines, High Performance) Worth 11 Million Metric Tons by 2018 – New Report by MarketsandMarkets