What are Asian countries that have high natural resources but low HDI?
Question by sdfsdf: What are Asian countries that have high natural resources but low HDI?
and why do they have low HDI in spite of their natural resources?
Answer by Lucy Wells
I don’t know the specific answer to your question, but you can find the HDI on the UN website here: http://hdr.undp.org/en/statistics/
Even though a country has high natural resources doesn’t mean this immediately translates to material prosperity for its inhabitants. The development index speaks more about quality of life than it does about the incidence of natural resources.
Often things like war, ineffective government and/or crime can adversely affect a country’s HDI rating. The website (above) shows the index but also explains the way they are calculated so you should get a better understanding from there.
What do you think? Answer below!
- CPIC Researchers Illustrate the Value of Focusing Cancer Research on Distinct Subgroups Within the Asian American, Native Hawaiian and Pacific Islander Populations
- Azane Inc Launches Natural Low Charge Ammonia Packaged Azanechiller
- Introducing Jua a Limited Edition, 100% Natural Perfume by Trilogy for Charity So They Can
- The Asian chromatography columns market is estimated to reach $451.5 million by 2018 – New Report by MicroMarket Monitor
- Dell | Terascala High Performance Computing Storage Solution Hits A New Peak
- Webinar: How Schools and Districts are Using Online Learning to Offer High Schoolers a Jump Start on College Credits and Career Certifications
- Therma-Tru Offers Tips to Reduce High Energy Bills During Energy Awareness Month
- Custom Air Products & Services, Inc. Releases Its Latest Line of Industrial Duty HVAC Units Specifically Designed for Operation in High Ambient Environments
- Vitarock.com harnesses cross-border shopping role reversal with free shipping of natural health products to the US
- KSQ Architects’ Refurbished Residence Hall at Baylor University Offers High Design, Affordable Cost