What are Asian countries that have high natural resources but low HDI?
Question by sdfsdf: What are Asian countries that have high natural resources but low HDI?
and why do they have low HDI in spite of their natural resources?
Answer by Lucy Wells
I don’t know the specific answer to your question, but you can find the HDI on the UN website here: http://hdr.undp.org/en/statistics/
Even though a country has high natural resources doesn’t mean this immediately translates to material prosperity for its inhabitants. The development index speaks more about quality of life than it does about the incidence of natural resources.
Often things like war, ineffective government and/or crime can adversely affect a country’s HDI rating. The website (above) shows the index but also explains the way they are calculated so you should get a better understanding from there.
What do you think? Answer below!
- How many countries have environmental protection agencies?
- Spiraling Demand for Electricity in Developing Countries Drives the Global Utility and Power Boilers Market, According to New Report by Global Industry Analysts, Inc.
- Q&A: define natural resources?
- LRQA ISO Standards Revisions; ISO releases ISO 14001 survey results; integration high value for over 50% of respondents
- Q&A: natural resources in egypt?
- MitoSynergy to Offer ZYTO Scans and Host Mito Medical Mixer at Natural Products Expo West 2014
- Prolexic Issues High Alert Threat Advisory for DNS Flooder DDoS Attack Toolkit – Prolexic Issues High Alert Threat Advisory for DNS Flooder DDoS Attack Toolkit
- Elasto Proxy Announces Light-Up Rubber Bumpers for Signaling and Safety; Translucent Elastomer Fenders Use LEDs, Resist Water and UV Rays Over High and Low Temperatures
- I need information and picture about natural resources?
- Effective water coolers: essential for saving most precious natural resources