What are Asian countries that have high natural resources but low HDI?
Question by sdfsdf: What are Asian countries that have high natural resources but low HDI?
and why do they have low HDI in spite of their natural resources?
Answer by Lucy Wells
I don’t know the specific answer to your question, but you can find the HDI on the UN website here: http://hdr.undp.org/en/statistics/
Even though a country has high natural resources doesn’t mean this immediately translates to material prosperity for its inhabitants. The development index speaks more about quality of life than it does about the incidence of natural resources.
Often things like war, ineffective government and/or crime can adversely affect a country’s HDI rating. The website (above) shows the index but also explains the way they are calculated so you should get a better understanding from there.
What do you think? Answer below!
- Dell | Terascala High Performance Computing Storage Solution Hits A New Peak
- Webinar: How Schools and Districts are Using Online Learning to Offer High Schoolers a Jump Start on College Credits and Career Certifications
- Therma-Tru Offers Tips to Reduce High Energy Bills During Energy Awareness Month
- Custom Air Products & Services, Inc. Releases Its Latest Line of Industrial Duty HVAC Units Specifically Designed for Operation in High Ambient Environments
- Vitarock.com harnesses cross-border shopping role reversal with free shipping of natural health products to the US
- KSQ Architects’ Refurbished Residence Hall at Baylor University Offers High Design, Affordable Cost
- Go Green With Natural Pet Products
- New Activz Greens Smoothie with 8 Organic Superfoods & More Launched at Natural Products Expo East
- Natural Gas Storage Market by type (Underground, Above Ground, and Floating)Worth $763.60 Billion by 2019 – New Report by MarketsandMarkets
- Herbacins Wellness Lavender Hand Cream Voted Best Hand Cream in Natural Health Magazines 2014 Beauty Awards