What are Asian countries that have high natural resources but low HDI?
Question by sdfsdf: What are Asian countries that have high natural resources but low HDI?
and why do they have low HDI in spite of their natural resources?
Answer by Lucy Wells
I don’t know the specific answer to your question, but you can find the HDI on the UN website here: http://hdr.undp.org/en/statistics/
Even though a country has high natural resources doesn’t mean this immediately translates to material prosperity for its inhabitants. The development index speaks more about quality of life than it does about the incidence of natural resources.
Often things like war, ineffective government and/or crime can adversely affect a country’s HDI rating. The website (above) shows the index but also explains the way they are calculated so you should get a better understanding from there.
What do you think? Answer below!
- Original Grain Natural Wood Watches Celebrates Earth Week
- Climate Change Crisis Reconsidered by Non-governmental International Panel on Climate Change says Natural Factors More Influential, say Friends of Science
- Human & Natural Activities (environmental impacts)?
- High Threats Concerning Severe Health Consequences Due To Complex Toxic Contamination of Under-Ground Water ReservesUN-Water Decade 2005-2015–Observance.
- 20 natural resources?
- Japanese Energy-Savings Consulting Company Forms Asian Distributor Network for Climate-Friendly R441A and R443A Refrigerants
- Rise high with beneficial higher studies
- Optimum Utilization Of Natural Resources Through Business Solar Energy
- Costa Rica is gifted with plenty of natural resources
- ATScloud Announces High Performance Flash-Array for Virtual Desktop Infrastructure Applications