How to tell when green onions go bad?
Image by matthileo
Question by i: How to tell when green onions go bad?
The dark green part has become limp and wrinkly. It is still very fragrant and the color has not changed.. The light green and white half seems to look normal. Can I use the light green part if I cannot use the dark green part?
Answer by Michelle
The light green will be fine eaten raw or cooked. Just make sure you rinse well.
The dark green, sometimes I go ahead and use it if I am cooking.
Once the dark green starts turning into more of a slime, throw it out. But even then – if there is some light green on other “blades”(or whatever you want to call them) it will still be fine to cook with.
Know better? Leave your own answer in the comments!
- Green Planet Festival Brings the Best in Sustainability & Green-Living to Phoenix, Saturday March 7th
- Grove at Shadow Green, Luxury Apartment Units are Now Available In Franklin, Tennessee
- Live Green Connecticut! Kicks Off 5th Annual State-Wide Healthy Living and Family Festival
- Go Green With Natural Pet Products
- USEPA Grant Helps Americas SBDC New Jersey Launch Counseling and Membership Registry for Specialty Green Business Initiative
- Green County Cheese Days Celebrates 100 Years
- True Green Energy Revolution Systems Bankrolled by Middle East Joint venture
- Green Marketing Campaigns: Reduce Your Footprint
- The Girls School of Austin Dedicates New Campus, Earns Four-Star Green Building Rating for Efficiency and Sustainability