How to tell when green onions go bad?
Image by matthileo
Question by i: How to tell when green onions go bad?
The dark green part has become limp and wrinkly. It is still very fragrant and the color has not changed.. The light green and white half seems to look normal. Can I use the light green part if I cannot use the dark green part?
Answer by Michelle
The light green will be fine eaten raw or cooked. Just make sure you rinse well.
The dark green, sometimes I go ahead and use it if I am cooking.
Once the dark green starts turning into more of a slime, throw it out. But even then – if there is some light green on other “blades”(or whatever you want to call them) it will still be fine to cook with.
Know better? Leave your own answer in the comments!
- The Health Benefits Of Green Lipid Mussel Products
- Reusable Collapse-A-Cup Provides Green Solution to Single Use Cups
- 21 Or 22 Good Reasons To Be A Green Business
- Green lasers ? Go green
- AtSite Welcomes U.S. & World Green Building Council Founder as National Advisory Board Member
- Wind And Solar Energy Jobs – Green Energy Jobs Boost Solar Education
- Go green with green beam laser pointer
- Business Bay, Green Community & Downtown Dubai
- One More Way to Green a Building
- Going Green 1941