How to tell when green onions go bad?
Image by matthileo
Question by i: How to tell when green onions go bad?
The dark green part has become limp and wrinkly. It is still very fragrant and the color has not changed.. The light green and white half seems to look normal. Can I use the light green part if I cannot use the dark green part?
Answer by Michelle
The light green will be fine eaten raw or cooked. Just make sure you rinse well.
The dark green, sometimes I go ahead and use it if I am cooking.
Once the dark green starts turning into more of a slime, throw it out. But even then – if there is some light green on other “blades”(or whatever you want to call them) it will still be fine to cook with.
Know better? Leave your own answer in the comments!
- Growing Pride on a Roof Top at Velocity Apartment Community, Kirkland With LiveRoof Green Roof.
- Villa del Palmar at the Islands of Loreto Goes Green Year-Round
- The Renovators Supply Goes Green with High Tank White Flat Panel Elongated Z-Pipe Toilets
- RoboVent Going Green Initiative is Underway! Furthering Efforts to Save the Planet!
- Sustainable Food Company GREEN TIFFIN to Revolutionize Lunch Delivery in San Francisco
- Green Club Member Enrollments Explode in 2014 at Greenstar Home Services
- Hermitage Clubs Green Building Initiative Sparkles In Their New Base Lodge and In The Wilmington and Dover VT Economy
- Green Bridesmaid Dresses Available on iFitDress.coms New Website
- Renewable Choice Energy Receives EPA Green Power Leadership Award
- AURO Enterprise Cloud Announces new Co-Brand and Infrastructure Partnership with Green Data Centre to bring Canadian Cloud Computing to Eastern Canada