How to tell when green onions go bad?
Image by matthileo
Question by i: How to tell when green onions go bad?
The dark green part has become limp and wrinkly. It is still very fragrant and the color has not changed.. The light green and white half seems to look normal. Can I use the light green part if I cannot use the dark green part?
Answer by Michelle
The light green will be fine eaten raw or cooked. Just make sure you rinse well.
The dark green, sometimes I go ahead and use it if I am cooking.
Once the dark green starts turning into more of a slime, throw it out. But even then – if there is some light green on other “blades”(or whatever you want to call them) it will still be fine to cook with.
Know better? Leave your own answer in the comments!
- Spring Rock Green Shopping Center Revitalization Efforts Continue
- Guide to Living Green
- Habitat for Humanity of Greater Greensboro Recognized as Home Innovation NGBS Green Partner of Excellence
- Aqua Green
- Lake House at High Peaks Resort Introduces New Green Housekeeping Program to Support the Mirror Lake Watershed Association
- Save Your Green By Going Green
- Servcorps Green Office Project Plants over 20,000 Trees
- Green Coatings Market Poised to Reach $85.7 Billion by 2018 Report by MarketsandMarkets
- Fort Worth, Texas-based “Xocai Meal Replacement Drink” Author, Adam Green, to Visit Shizuoka Japan to Announce mxicorp.com/company/igc Eric Worre Engagement
- First Green Roof at the University of Iowa