How to tell when green onions go bad?
Image by matthileo
Question by i: How to tell when green onions go bad?
The dark green part has become limp and wrinkly. It is still very fragrant and the color has not changed.. The light green and white half seems to look normal. Can I use the light green part if I cannot use the dark green part?
Answer by Michelle
The light green will be fine eaten raw or cooked. Just make sure you rinse well.
The dark green, sometimes I go ahead and use it if I am cooking.
Once the dark green starts turning into more of a slime, throw it out. But even then – if there is some light green on other “blades”(or whatever you want to call them) it will still be fine to cook with.
Know better? Leave your own answer in the comments!
- Green County Cheese Days Celebrates 100 Years
- True Green Energy Revolution Systems Bankrolled by Middle East Joint venture
- Green Marketing Campaigns: Reduce Your Footprint
- The Girls School of Austin Dedicates New Campus, Earns Four-Star Green Building Rating for Efficiency and Sustainability
- Kansas City, Missouri-based “Xocai Xophoria Skin Serum” Author, Adam Green, to Visit Kanazawa Japan to Announce Eric Worre Engagement
- Liberty University Students’ ‘Green’ Fashions to be Recognized at International Expo
- Cosmo Hotels Green Floor Promises A Stress-free Eco Stay
- 2014 Lime Green Bridesmaid Dresses Offered At UWDress.com
- Green Living in the Suburbs