The environmental protection agency (EPA) has proposed a new standard for microparticulates in air:?
Image by The U.S. Nationwide Archives
Issue by KC: The environmental protection company (EPA) has proposed a new common for microparticulates in air:?
A, For particles up to 2.five μm in diameter, the highest allowable sum is 50 μg/m3. If your eight.two ft × twelve.two ft × 9.9 ft dorm space just meets the new EPA common, how numerous of these particles are in your place? (Suppose the particles are spheres of 2.five μm diameter, and manufactured mainly of soot, a kind of carbon with a density of two.5 g/cm3.) Part B, How numerous of these particles are in each six.47×10-1 L breath you acquire?
Reply by nealjking
Volume: 8.two*twelve.two*nine.9 = 990.4 (ft^three) = 28 (m^three)
50e-six (g) * 28 = one.4e-3 (g)
Mass per particle:
four*pi*r^three/3 * two.5 = pi*d^three/six * two.five = pi*(two.5e-4)^3 *two.5 = 1.23e-10 (g)
Amount = (1.4e-three)/(one.23e-10) = one.14e7
b) Number in a breath:
The quantity density is one.14e7/28 = four.07e5/m^three
Given that 1 Liter = 1e-3 * m^3, the range density is four.07e8/L, so the amount in a breath of 6.47e-one (L) is
6.47e-one * four.07e8 = six.47*four.07 * e7 = two.63e8
Know far better? Depart your individual answer in the feedback!
- Open House Event Planned for SWS Environmental Services New Chattanooga, TN Service Center
- In-Pipe Technology, Inc. Announces Agreement in China with Tianjin Zhuoer Haipai Environmental Technologies to Treat Tianjin Canal
- Greenberg Traurig Attorneys Speak at Pennsylvania Environmental Law Forum
- Florida DOT Selects Stanley Consultants to Study Proposed Transportation Improvement Projects
- Global Allergy Diagnostic and Treatment Market to Reach $46.8 billion in 2020; Generics Market Surging as More Prescription Products Lose Protection
- Specialty Technical Publishers and AECOM Publish Environmental, Health & Safety (EHS) Audit Protocol for South Korea
- Environmental Concerns Raising Questions on the Development of Industrial Cooling Technologies; Market Share to Reach $11 Billion in 2019
- Top Rated Travel Agency, Alpha Flight Guru, Announces Top 5 Destinations for Spring
- Studies Published in the Journal of Occupational and Environmental Medicine Find That Small Businesses Can Also Benefit From Workplace Wellness Programs
- Primetime Legal Services Agency Enters Agreement to Represent Trial Expert Dr. Ernest Chiodo