The environmental protection agency (EPA) has proposed a new standard for microparticulates in air:?
Image by The U.S. Nationwide Archives
Issue by KC: The environmental protection company (EPA) has proposed a new common for microparticulates in air:?
A, For particles up to 2.five μm in diameter, the highest allowable sum is 50 μg/m3. If your eight.two ft × twelve.two ft × 9.9 ft dorm space just meets the new EPA common, how numerous of these particles are in your place? (Suppose the particles are spheres of 2.five μm diameter, and manufactured mainly of soot, a kind of carbon with a density of two.5 g/cm3.) Part B, How numerous of these particles are in each six.47×10-1 L breath you acquire?
Reply by nealjking
Volume: 8.two*twelve.two*nine.9 = 990.4 (ft^three) = 28 (m^three)
50e-six (g) * 28 = one.4e-3 (g)
Mass per particle:
four*pi*r^three/3 * two.5 = pi*d^three/six * two.five = pi*(two.5e-4)^3 *two.5 = 1.23e-10 (g)
Amount = (1.4e-three)/(one.23e-10) = one.14e7
b) Number in a breath:
The quantity density is one.14e7/28 = four.07e5/m^three
Given that 1 Liter = 1e-3 * m^3, the range density is four.07e8/L, so the amount in a breath of 6.47e-one (L) is
6.47e-one * four.07e8 = six.47*four.07 * e7 = two.63e8
Know far better? Depart your individual answer in the feedback!
- About The Environmental Laws Of The US
- Port of Kalama Honored With Top Award for Environmental Excellence on Navigation Dredging Project
- A Viable and Endearing Work Environment with Noise Protection Initiatives
- Stringent Quality, Performance, and Environmental Standards Drive the Global Pigments and Dyes Market, According to New Report by Global Industry Analysts, Inc.
- A boom in shale gas “may be a blessing for the environment” | Shale Gas Environmental Summit, 27-28 October 2014, London, UK
- Assess the environmental impact of shale gas and improve its commercial potential | Shale Gas Environmental Summit, 27-28 October 2014, London, UK
- Strict Air Pollution Control Regulations and Environmental Policies by Governments to Boost the Air Quality Control Market – New Report by MicroMarket Monitor
- Manhattan College Launches Interdisciplinary Environmental Science Major
- Increasing Environmental Concerns Drive the Drilling Waste Management Market – New Report by MicroMarket Monitor
- Q&A: Which technologies can solve environmental problems?