The environmental protection agency (EPA) has proposed a new standard for microparticulates in air:?
Image by The U.S. Nationwide Archives
Issue by KC: The environmental protection company (EPA) has proposed a new common for microparticulates in air:?
A, For particles up to 2.five μm in diameter, the highest allowable sum is 50 μg/m3. If your eight.two ft × twelve.two ft × 9.9 ft dorm space just meets the new EPA common, how numerous of these particles are in your place? (Suppose the particles are spheres of 2.five μm diameter, and manufactured mainly of soot, a kind of carbon with a density of two.5 g/cm3.) Part B, How numerous of these particles are in each six.47×10-1 L breath you acquire?
Reply by nealjking
Volume: 8.two*twelve.two*nine.9 = 990.4 (ft^three) = 28 (m^three)
50e-six (g) * 28 = one.4e-3 (g)
Mass per particle:
four*pi*r^three/3 * two.5 = pi*d^three/six * two.five = pi*(two.5e-4)^3 *two.5 = 1.23e-10 (g)
Amount = (1.4e-three)/(one.23e-10) = one.14e7
b) Number in a breath:
The quantity density is one.14e7/28 = four.07e5/m^three
Given that 1 Liter = 1e-3 * m^3, the range density is four.07e8/L, so the amount in a breath of 6.47e-one (L) is
6.47e-one * four.07e8 = six.47*four.07 * e7 = two.63e8
Know far better? Depart your individual answer in the feedback!
- Greenberg Traurig Hosts Environmental and Energy Post-Election Implications Webinar
- EPA Punts on Renewable Fuel Standard
- Specialty Technical Publishers and AECOM Publish Environmental, Health & Safety (EHS) Audit Protocol for the Russian Federation
- PM Environmental Named Primary Contractor for $400,000 Brownfields Assessment Grant in Grand Rapids
- Chevrolet Invests in Greenhouse Gas Reductions through the Protection of Prairie Grasslands
- One in Five Businesses Admit to Increased Paper Use, Despite Environmental Concerns, Says New AIIM Report
- Protection Is Offered By Locksmith Sydney In Any Business Environment
- Visionary Leaders Across Sectors Issue a Renewed Vision for Protecting Children’s Environmental Health
- Bayer CropScience Acquires Certain DuPont Crop Protection Land Management Business Assets
- Xanterra Parks & Resorts Awarded LODGING Sustainability Award for Environmental Successes, Innovation