The environmental protection agency (EPA) has proposed a new standard for microparticulates in air:?
Image by The U.S. Nationwide Archives
Issue by KC: The environmental protection company (EPA) has proposed a new common for microparticulates in air:?
A, For particles up to 2.five μm in diameter, the highest allowable sum is 50 μg/m3. If your eight.two ft × twelve.two ft × 9.9 ft dorm space just meets the new EPA common, how numerous of these particles are in your place? (Suppose the particles are spheres of 2.five μm diameter, and manufactured mainly of soot, a kind of carbon with a density of two.5 g/cm3.) Part B, How numerous of these particles are in each six.47×10-1 L breath you acquire?
Reply by nealjking
Volume: 8.two*twelve.two*nine.9 = 990.4 (ft^three) = 28 (m^three)
50e-six (g) * 28 = one.4e-3 (g)
Mass per particle:
four*pi*r^three/3 * two.5 = pi*d^three/six * two.five = pi*(two.5e-4)^3 *two.5 = 1.23e-10 (g)
Amount = (1.4e-three)/(one.23e-10) = one.14e7
b) Number in a breath:
The quantity density is one.14e7/28 = four.07e5/m^three
Given that 1 Liter = 1e-3 * m^3, the range density is four.07e8/L, so the amount in a breath of 6.47e-one (L) is
6.47e-one * four.07e8 = six.47*four.07 * e7 = two.63e8
Know far better? Depart your individual answer in the feedback!
- How to Make a Construction Environmental Management Plan
- Bureau of Reclamation Seeks Public Comment on Proposed Winter Interim Operations at Ririe Dam and Reservoir
- Mesothelioma Victims Center Lists Out Common Questions Asked About Mesothelioma And Answers Them Using Research From The US Environmental Protection Agency
- Ukraine rejoins Stetson Universitys International Environmental Moot Court Competition
- Empire Recycling Corporation Continues its Environmental Commitment by Enrolling in Energy Curtailment Specialists’ Demand Response Program
- Mechanical design, environmental compliance and data security issues
- Jeannine Du Chateau Implemented Environmental Waste Management Practices
- Haynes and Boone Expands Environmental Practice with Addition of Two Washington, D.C. Lawyers
- Data Vista Achieves Environmental Certifications Responsible Recycling (R2:2013), ISO 14001 and OHSAS 18001 Certifications
- H2 Environmental Named 2014 Business of the Year in Chino CA