Human caused environmental problems?
Question by pollo: Human caused environmental problems?
List 7 human caused environmental problems and describe 3
Answer by scottsdalehigh64
1. Deforestation. This is happening at a great rate in the tropics where rain forests are being cut down and burned to provide crop land.
2. Ozone hole. This is caused by the release of chloro-fluorocarbons into the atmosphere. These were used as refrigerants and aerosol propellants.
3. Emission of greenhouse gases
4. Loss of species in the oceans.
5. Extinction of many large mammals on the land. The data shows that when people first arrived in Australia, they killed off the largest marsupials. When they arrived in the Western Hemisphere, there was a similar loss of large mammals.
6. Pollution of the ground water and surface fresh water
7. Reduction in the genetic variability of plants
Give your answer to this question below!
- PM Environmental Named Primary Contractor for $400,000 Brownfields Assessment Grant in Grand Rapids
- One in Five Businesses Admit to Increased Paper Use, Despite Environmental Concerns, Says New AIIM Report
- Visionary Leaders Across Sectors Issue a Renewed Vision for Protecting Children’s Environmental Health
- Xanterra Parks & Resorts Awarded LODGING Sustainability Award for Environmental Successes, Innovation
- Environmental Risk Management Control To The Sulfuric Acid Industry
- Assessing The Environmental Impact Of Products – Introduction To Lifecycle Assessment
- Environmental Factors to Consider When Building Offices
- Nature Deficit Disorder – The Connection Between Nature and Behavior Problems
- How to Make a Construction Environmental Management Plan
- Mesothelioma Victims Center Lists Out Common Questions Asked About Mesothelioma And Answers Them Using Research From The US Environmental Protection Agency