Human caused environmental problems?
Question by pollo: Human caused environmental problems?
List 7 human caused environmental problems and describe 3
Answer by scottsdalehigh64
1. Deforestation. This is happening at a great rate in the tropics where rain forests are being cut down and burned to provide crop land.
2. Ozone hole. This is caused by the release of chloro-fluorocarbons into the atmosphere. These were used as refrigerants and aerosol propellants.
3. Emission of greenhouse gases
4. Loss of species in the oceans.
5. Extinction of many large mammals on the land. The data shows that when people first arrived in Australia, they killed off the largest marsupials. When they arrived in the Western Hemisphere, there was a similar loss of large mammals.
6. Pollution of the ground water and surface fresh water
7. Reduction in the genetic variability of plants
Give your answer to this question below!
- Jeannine Du Chateau Implemented Environmental Waste Management Practices
- Haynes and Boone Expands Environmental Practice with Addition of Two Washington, D.C. Lawyers
- Data Vista Achieves Environmental Certifications Responsible Recycling (R2:2013), ISO 14001 and OHSAS 18001 Certifications
- H2 Environmental Named 2014 Business of the Year in Chino CA
- The Law Office of Jason H. Reece Goes Green with New Environmental and Health Initiatives for Employees
- Using an Ancient Approach to Farming to Address Lake Eries Modern Problems
- Leading Environmental Company Sees Uptick in Business Thanks to Heated Florida Market
- Brabantia Earns Prestigious C2C Environmental Certification for New Stainless Steel Pedal Bins
- CIGI report commends BRICS environmental progress but calls for clarity on priorities of new development bank
- ISO 14001:2015 Update – ISO/DIS 14001 proposes increasingly strategic approach to environmental management