Human caused environmental problems?
Question by pollo: Human caused environmental problems?
List 7 human caused environmental problems and describe 3
Answer by scottsdalehigh64
1. Deforestation. This is happening at a great rate in the tropics where rain forests are being cut down and burned to provide crop land.
2. Ozone hole. This is caused by the release of chloro-fluorocarbons into the atmosphere. These were used as refrigerants and aerosol propellants.
3. Emission of greenhouse gases
4. Loss of species in the oceans.
5. Extinction of many large mammals on the land. The data shows that when people first arrived in Australia, they killed off the largest marsupials. When they arrived in the Western Hemisphere, there was a similar loss of large mammals.
6. Pollution of the ground water and surface fresh water
7. Reduction in the genetic variability of plants
Give your answer to this question below!
- Youth Protect Local Watershed with GM Environmental Mentors on Earth Day
- does biological science include environmental science?
- What effects Environmental Protection?
- Q&A: Environmental Problem?
- Mold to Cost Lenawee County Sheriff Department 13K, Florida Mold Removal Company AGC Environmental Shares a Tip How to Prevent Such a Huge Expense
- Does anyone understand how conservative environmental policy would work?
- Environmental Current Affairs
- Report Finds Global Warming Causes ‘No Net Harm’ to Environment or Human Health
- What are the environmental impacts of mining coal?
- Q&A: What are three environmental factors that affect photosynthesis?