Human caused environmental problems?
Question by pollo: Human caused environmental problems?
List 7 human caused environmental problems and describe 3
Answer by scottsdalehigh64
1. Deforestation. This is happening at a great rate in the tropics where rain forests are being cut down and burned to provide crop land.
2. Ozone hole. This is caused by the release of chloro-fluorocarbons into the atmosphere. These were used as refrigerants and aerosol propellants.
3. Emission of greenhouse gases
4. Loss of species in the oceans.
5. Extinction of many large mammals on the land. The data shows that when people first arrived in Australia, they killed off the largest marsupials. When they arrived in the Western Hemisphere, there was a similar loss of large mammals.
6. Pollution of the ground water and surface fresh water
7. Reduction in the genetic variability of plants
Give your answer to this question below!
- Actor Mark Ruffalo to Receive Prize for Global Environmental Activism from Dickinson College
- Rising Focus on Environmental Sustainability Drives Growth in the Global Marine Biotechnology Market, According to a New Report by Global Industry Analysts, Inc.
- Windsor Marketing Group Earns GreenCircle Award from Department of Energy and Environmental Protection
- Fenstermaker Environmental News – Misconceptions About Air Permitting Can Cost Companies More Than Money
- Metcam Sends 100 Employees to FABTECH This Week and Presents Educational Session on Reducing Environmental Footprint
- Crains Detroit Names PM Environmental Cool Place to Work in Michigan
- US Federal Contractor Registration: Air Force Pre-Solicitation Posted to FedBizOpps for Environmental Booths at Tinker AFB, Oklahoma
- Environmental laws in LOUISIANA
- Greenberg Traurig Hosts Environmental and Energy Post-Election Implications Webinar
- Specialty Technical Publishers and AECOM Publish Environmental, Health & Safety (EHS) Audit Protocol for the Russian Federation