three problems of decentralization that occurred under the Articles of Confederation?
Question by -•ღ. Jεииí.ღ •-!Ƹ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒ: three problems of decentralization that occurred under the Articles of Confederation?
but i need some examples or a web site where i can read and get some ideas
Free-Response Question: The Constitution was an attempt to address problems of decentralization that were experienced under the Articles of Confederation.
1. Discuss three problems of decentralization that occurred under the Articles of Confederation. For each problem you list, identify one solution that the Constitution provides to address the problem.
2.Some have argued the tension between decentralized power and centralized power continues to exist. Support this argument by explaining how one of the following demonstrates the continued tension.
* Environmental policy
* Gun control
* Disability access
Hint: decentralization refers to the federal government giving some power to the states.
Answer by Douglas
Its been awhile, this was a great excuse to read the Articles of Confederation again.
Id say that without a doubt, what needs to be updates is:
11. “Requires nine states to approve the admission of a new state into the confederacy; pre-approves Canada, if it applies for membership.” ——-Reason being that (1) Canada isn’t going to apply to be apart of the United States ever and (2) the number of states needed to raised to 40 states.
That being said Id say yes, money, laws, and army are problems there, but at this point Id say a little less decentralization would be great as well. We no longer live in the colonel period, this being important to say because at the time this was all completely justifiable and worked very well. But as I said, we are not in the 1700s anymore and we need to update this to address the needs and weaknesses we have now. This can be solved by simply removing the Articles of Conderation from having any say so at all these days.
The problem between central and decentralized power does exist, but I cannot stress enough that this is not for the greater good of any single state or small grouping of states, this only happens for political show and elections. That is to say that a governor will more than likely challenge the federal government because to do so will serve his appearance in the next state election.
I dont believe that we should go any further than elimination the Articles from having power completely separate of the federal government.
Add your own answer in the comments!
- Q&A: What are three environmental factors that affect photosynthesis?
- More Than Two-Thirds of CEOs Feel Isolated and Constantly Under Fire But Nearly 100% Are Open To Outside Help From Trustworthy Sources For Business And Leadership Advice
- Play in the Dirt, Sleep Under the Stars and Cook by the Fire; Enjoy the Great Outdoors at Georgia State Parks
- are the areas located near cities affected by environmental problems? why?
- what are the kinds of environmental problems?
- Problems resulting from Global warming?
- list of environmental problems?
- Recent Regional Health Crisis Demonstrates Importance of GIS Technology for Tracking Modern Health Problems
- What industries in the US cause environmental problems?
- Q&A: research problems?