three problems of decentralization that occurred under the Articles of Confederation?
Question by -•ღ. Jεииí.ღ •-!Ƹ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒ: three problems of decentralization that occurred under the Articles of Confederation?
but i need some examples or a web site where i can read and get some ideas
Free-Response Question: The Constitution was an attempt to address problems of decentralization that were experienced under the Articles of Confederation.
1. Discuss three problems of decentralization that occurred under the Articles of Confederation. For each problem you list, identify one solution that the Constitution provides to address the problem.
2.Some have argued the tension between decentralized power and centralized power continues to exist. Support this argument by explaining how one of the following demonstrates the continued tension.
* Environmental policy
* Gun control
* Disability access
Hint: decentralization refers to the federal government giving some power to the states.
Answer by Douglas
Its been awhile, this was a great excuse to read the Articles of Confederation again.
Id say that without a doubt, what needs to be updates is:
11. “Requires nine states to approve the admission of a new state into the confederacy; pre-approves Canada, if it applies for membership.” ——-Reason being that (1) Canada isn’t going to apply to be apart of the United States ever and (2) the number of states needed to raised to 40 states.
That being said Id say yes, money, laws, and army are problems there, but at this point Id say a little less decentralization would be great as well. We no longer live in the colonel period, this being important to say because at the time this was all completely justifiable and worked very well. But as I said, we are not in the 1700s anymore and we need to update this to address the needs and weaknesses we have now. This can be solved by simply removing the Articles of Conderation from having any say so at all these days.
The problem between central and decentralized power does exist, but I cannot stress enough that this is not for the greater good of any single state or small grouping of states, this only happens for political show and elections. That is to say that a governor will more than likely challenge the federal government because to do so will serve his appearance in the next state election.
I dont believe that we should go any further than elimination the Articles from having power completely separate of the federal government.
Add your own answer in the comments!
- What are some environmental problems that Hurricane Isaac has presented to us recently?
- Party Under the Sea at the South Carolina Aquariums Sea Life by Starlight Soiree
- Environmental Toxins Cause Disease and Health Problems
- Homes built in swampy environments tend to have problems with water leaking into their basements
- North Texas Foot & Ankle Now Offers Rapid Release Therapy for Relief of Pain and Soft Tissue Problems
- What are some of Japan’s Geographical and Environmental problems they are facing right now?
- Environmental Problems With Plastic Everyone Should Know Of
- What are some environmental problems contributing to and/or developing from ocean pollution?
- Wolf Trap Presents OneRepublic; Under the Sun; Ballroom with a Twist; Gipsy Kings; Don McLean/Judy Collins; Mary Chapin Carpenter/Shawn Colvin; Framptons Guitar Circus
- High Flow Rates and Energy Usage CINTEP Resolves Existing Design Problems on Most Showers by Innovating the Power Shower System