Vets Plus, Inc. Partners with Emerald/Baldwin Dairy
Knapp, WI (PRWEB) June 07, 2012
Raj Lall, president and CEO of Vets Plus, Inc. (VPI) in Knapp, Wis.; and John Vrieze, owner of Emerald/Baldwin Dairies (Emerald, Wisc.; Baldwin, Wisc.); announce a partnership between the two businesses. The agreement, which has the option to renew annually, will allow VPI to conduct field trials at Emerald Dairy, as well as utilize their on-site classroom and facilities for training and customer visits.
?John is an innovative and ?green? producer; he is very concerned about minimizing ? if not eliminating ? the carbon footprint of his dairies. To be able to partner with a local and progressive dairy, such as Emerald Dairy is very exciting for our team,? Lall said. ?This strategic partnership will take Vets Plus to the next level and will benefit our distribution partners and, ultimately, the producer with proven products to enhance the bottom line for dairy producers.?
Within the three dairies Vrieze owns ? Baldwin Dairy (founded in 1997), Emerald Dairy (1999), Emerald Dairy II (2001) ? there are about 2600 cows, of which, 2200 are milking. The VPI/Emerald Dairy partnership will fulfill the mission of both organizations to increase production and the overall well-being of the cows using nutraceuticals, through trials and R&D opportunities.
?I was excited after meeting Raj,? Vrieze said. ?I enjoy working with people who say, ?Let?s try that.??
In addition to the dairies, Vrieze?s wife, Pam, manages a greenhouse, which is heated using the methane that is a byproduct from the digester. They are also experimenting with the digester effluent and other byproducts on the farm to become more self-sustaining at the greenhouse. Vrieze has made significant investments into such processes, which also allow them to sell the bio-gasses that are created during the anaerobic digestion process to companies to help power homes using natural gas.
The Vrieze family has farmed in St. Croix County since 1906, starting with Vrieze?s grandfather. Vrieze is proud of the fact that his carbon footprint, per cow, is much less today than the generations of his grandfather and father.
?The industry is better today (about environmental awareness) than in (past) generations, but we can still get better,? Vrieze said. ?And, if we can help our cows last longer and get more out of them, we?ll need less heifers and the impact that goes with it.?
About Vets Plus, Inc.
Vets Plus, Inc. (VPI), located in Knapp, Wisconsin, is a leading manufacturer and distributor of animal health and nutrition products, including Probios
- Scuderi Group, Inc. and ECS Sign Agreement for Hydro Powered Generation and Energy Storage System
- BLP Commerce Partners with Photographer Anne Geddes
- Feed, Food & Pharmaceutical Applications Drive Demand for Carotenoids, According to New Report by Global Industry Analysts, Inc.
- Plus-Size Natural Fiber Clothing Company MiB Plus Size Announces 2013 Model Search Winner
- Clean Earth, Inc. Announces Webinar Focused on Recycling Marcellus Shale Drill Cuttings
- Xangati Raises $11M in Funding Led by HighBar Partners to Bring VDI, Workload and Cloud Performance Management to a Wider Market.
- Monster Energy Partners with TORC: The Off-Road Championship Series
- Ho-Chunk, Inc. Company Wins Joint $99 Million Government Contract
- FRC Systems International Will Be Showcasing Their Unique Wastewater Treatment Systems and DAF Technology for Dairy and Food Processing Plants
- Brazils Leading Internet Service Provider Partners with Celltick to Fuel Smartphone Strategy with Start