What are some Environmental issues with the Boreal Cordillera?
Question by Ted L: What are some Environmental issues with the Boreal Cordillera?
I have a project due and i can’t find anything on environmental issues with it. This would mean things that harm the environment like coal mining or jobs and objects that cause problems with the environment.
Answer by Earth Man
Mostly mining, and at that, mostly gold (as per the Klondike Gold Rush). There are also lumber issues from the timber industry cutting out large pieces of forest. A natural problem with the forest comes with the spruce beetle, which destroys… spruce trees. These insects have killed more trees than the logging industry. It has also been damaged by the installation of hydroelectric facilities, and even agriculture in some areas.
What do you think? Answer below!
- Data Vista Achieves Environmental Certifications Responsible Recycling (R2:2013), ISO 14001 and OHSAS 18001 Certifications
- H2 Environmental Named 2014 Business of the Year in Chino CA
- The Law Office of Jason H. Reece Goes Green with New Environmental and Health Initiatives for Employees
- Leading Environmental Company Sees Uptick in Business Thanks to Heated Florida Market
- Brabantia Earns Prestigious C2C Environmental Certification for New Stainless Steel Pedal Bins
- CIGI report commends BRICS environmental progress but calls for clarity on priorities of new development bank
- ISO 14001:2015 Update – ISO/DIS 14001 proposes increasingly strategic approach to environmental management
- University of California San Francisco (UCSF) School of Medicine researcher named Recipient of the Childrens Environmental Health (CEHN) 2014 Science Award
- About The Environmental Laws Of The US
- Port of Kalama Honored With Top Award for Environmental Excellence on Navigation Dredging Project