What are some Environmental issues with the Boreal Cordillera?
Question by Ted L: What are some Environmental issues with the Boreal Cordillera?
I have a project due and i can’t find anything on environmental issues with it. This would mean things that harm the environment like coal mining or jobs and objects that cause problems with the environment.
Answer by Earth Man
Mostly mining, and at that, mostly gold (as per the Klondike Gold Rush). There are also lumber issues from the timber industry cutting out large pieces of forest. A natural problem with the forest comes with the spruce beetle, which destroys… spruce trees. These insects have killed more trees than the logging industry. It has also been damaged by the installation of hydroelectric facilities, and even agriculture in some areas.
What do you think? Answer below!
- Youth Protect Local Watershed with GM Environmental Mentors on Earth Day
- does biological science include environmental science?
- What effects Environmental Protection?
- Q&A: Environmental Problem?
- Mold to Cost Lenawee County Sheriff Department 13K, Florida Mold Removal Company AGC Environmental Shares a Tip How to Prevent Such a Huge Expense
- Does anyone understand how conservative environmental policy would work?
- Environmental Current Affairs
- What are the environmental impacts of mining coal?
- Q&A: What are three environmental factors that affect photosynthesis?
- Q&A: Environmental Science, Environmental Studies, and Ecology?