What are some Environmental issues with the Boreal Cordillera?
Question by Ted L: What are some Environmental issues with the Boreal Cordillera?
I have a project due and i can’t find anything on environmental issues with it. This would mean things that harm the environment like coal mining or jobs and objects that cause problems with the environment.
Answer by Earth Man
Mostly mining, and at that, mostly gold (as per the Klondike Gold Rush). There are also lumber issues from the timber industry cutting out large pieces of forest. A natural problem with the forest comes with the spruce beetle, which destroys… spruce trees. These insects have killed more trees than the logging industry. It has also been damaged by the installation of hydroelectric facilities, and even agriculture in some areas.
What do you think? Answer below!
- Specialty Technical Publishers and AECOM Publish Environmental, Health & Safety (EHS) Audit Protocol for the Russian Federation
- PM Environmental Named Primary Contractor for $400,000 Brownfields Assessment Grant in Grand Rapids
- One in Five Businesses Admit to Increased Paper Use, Despite Environmental Concerns, Says New AIIM Report
- Visionary Leaders Across Sectors Issue a Renewed Vision for Protecting Children’s Environmental Health
- Xanterra Parks & Resorts Awarded LODGING Sustainability Award for Environmental Successes, Innovation
- The Ultimate Spelling Editors At eReflect Introduce Blog Readers To Some Of The Least-Known Words
- Environmental Risk Management Control To The Sulfuric Acid Industry
- Assessing The Environmental Impact Of Products – Introduction To Lifecycle Assessment
- Palo Alto Software to Host Panel on Womens Workplace Issues
- Environmental Factors to Consider When Building Offices