What are some Environmental issues with the Boreal Cordillera?
Question by Ted L: What are some Environmental issues with the Boreal Cordillera?
I have a project due and i can’t find anything on environmental issues with it. This would mean things that harm the environment like coal mining or jobs and objects that cause problems with the environment.
Answer by Earth Man
Mostly mining, and at that, mostly gold (as per the Klondike Gold Rush). There are also lumber issues from the timber industry cutting out large pieces of forest. A natural problem with the forest comes with the spruce beetle, which destroys… spruce trees. These insects have killed more trees than the logging industry. It has also been damaged by the installation of hydroelectric facilities, and even agriculture in some areas.
What do you think? Answer below!
- About The Environmental Laws Of The US
- Port of Kalama Honored With Top Award for Environmental Excellence on Navigation Dredging Project
- Stringent Quality, Performance, and Environmental Standards Drive the Global Pigments and Dyes Market, According to New Report by Global Industry Analysts, Inc.
- Some myths about paper recycling
- A boom in shale gas “may be a blessing for the environment” | Shale Gas Environmental Summit, 27-28 October 2014, London, UK
- IBHS Meets with White House on Resilience and Mitigation Issues
- Assess the environmental impact of shale gas and improve its commercial potential | Shale Gas Environmental Summit, 27-28 October 2014, London, UK
- Strict Air Pollution Control Regulations and Environmental Policies by Governments to Boost the Air Quality Control Market – New Report by MicroMarket Monitor
- Manhattan College Launches Interdisciplinary Environmental Science Major
- Increasing Environmental Concerns Drive the Drilling Waste Management Market – New Report by MicroMarket Monitor