What are some Environmental issues with the Boreal Cordillera?
Question by Ted L: What are some Environmental issues with the Boreal Cordillera?
I have a project due and i can’t find anything on environmental issues with it. This would mean things that harm the environment like coal mining or jobs and objects that cause problems with the environment.
Answer by Earth Man
Mostly mining, and at that, mostly gold (as per the Klondike Gold Rush). There are also lumber issues from the timber industry cutting out large pieces of forest. A natural problem with the forest comes with the spruce beetle, which destroys… spruce trees. These insects have killed more trees than the logging industry. It has also been damaged by the installation of hydroelectric facilities, and even agriculture in some areas.
What do you think? Answer below!
- Palo Alto Software to Host Panel on Womens Workplace Issues
- Environmental Factors to Consider When Building Offices
- How to Make a Construction Environmental Management Plan
- Mesothelioma Victims Center Lists Out Common Questions Asked About Mesothelioma And Answers Them Using Research From The US Environmental Protection Agency
- Ukraine rejoins Stetson Universitys International Environmental Moot Court Competition
- Empire Recycling Corporation Continues its Environmental Commitment by Enrolling in Energy Curtailment Specialists’ Demand Response Program
- Mechanical design, environmental compliance and data security issues
- Jeannine Du Chateau Implemented Environmental Waste Management Practices
- Haynes and Boone Expands Environmental Practice with Addition of Two Washington, D.C. Lawyers
- Data Vista Achieves Environmental Certifications Responsible Recycling (R2:2013), ISO 14001 and OHSAS 18001 Certifications