What are some Environmental issues with the Boreal Cordillera?
Question by Ted L: What are some Environmental issues with the Boreal Cordillera?
I have a project due and i can’t find anything on environmental issues with it. This would mean things that harm the environment like coal mining or jobs and objects that cause problems with the environment.
Answer by Earth Man
Mostly mining, and at that, mostly gold (as per the Klondike Gold Rush). There are also lumber issues from the timber industry cutting out large pieces of forest. A natural problem with the forest comes with the spruce beetle, which destroys… spruce trees. These insects have killed more trees than the logging industry. It has also been damaged by the installation of hydroelectric facilities, and even agriculture in some areas.
What do you think? Answer below!
- Q&A: Environmental Science, Environmental Studies, and Ecology?
- Industrialization and Environmental Conservation
- ABOUT DENMARK – Environmental issues/laws?
- Berkeley County to Install Four BCR Environmental Systems as Part of Chesapeake Bay Watershed Improvement Program
- Human & Natural Activities (environmental impacts)?
- Economic, environmental and social factors ????
- Is Environmental Engineering a wise career choice?
- Q&A: What are the Environmental Problems,its issues and concern in the community?
- Can any one suggest online books on environmental design issues?
- Which type of electricity generation has the most environmental impact?