What are some environmental issues in Saudi Arabia and what is the government doing about it?
Question by ѕαяσσηα: What are some environmental issues in Saudi Arabia and what is the government doing about it?
Answer by ameen.honest
lack of water, where it comes from and where it goes
in a country without lakes and rivers, the main source of water is desalination plants ..
there are new plants under construction, and we hope that it will cover the demand
also, in jeddah, the 2nd biggest city, we don’t have proper seawage system. it is a total mess. there is a big project under construction, and we hope it will be efficient
anyhow, these two issues are in continuous criticism in local papers almost in weekly (if not daily) basis
Add your own answer in the comments!
- About The Environmental Laws Of The US
- Port of Kalama Honored With Top Award for Environmental Excellence on Navigation Dredging Project
- Stringent Quality, Performance, and Environmental Standards Drive the Global Pigments and Dyes Market, According to New Report by Global Industry Analysts, Inc.
- Some myths about paper recycling
- A boom in shale gas “may be a blessing for the environment” | Shale Gas Environmental Summit, 27-28 October 2014, London, UK
- Doing Good Business – Local Business Invests in the Community over Years
- Moms Across America Gather in Hundreds of July 4th Parades to Share Growing Concerns About GMO Foods and Glyphosate Use
- Stringent Government Regulations Curbing the Use of Synthetic Pesticides Drive Demand for Biopesticides, According to New Report by Global Industry Analysts, Inc.
- IBHS Meets with White House on Resilience and Mitigation Issues
- Warning about Volcano in Philippines